Click on the desired departure date to proceed to the reservation page
- ○：Many places available
- △：A few places available
- ×：Not available currently
- □：This tour already have a waiting list. If a reservation becomes canceled, we will contact a person who is on the top of the waiting list.
- ●：Booking on request…Once we receive a booking request, we will start arranging the tour. Please be reminded that the arrangement is not guaranteed.
- ：Set Period
- ：Tour departure has decided
- ：Many inquiries
|Departure Date||Price (per person)|
Point1First Japanese Wildlife Program in the Alpine Region
Enriching Learning and Wildlife.
From halfway up the Norikura mountains (elevation of 3026 meters), we will continue moving vertically upwards to observe wild animals and birds and experience the differences in their natural environment.
Ｃ：Hida-Norikura Tourist Association
They represent wild birds living high up in the mountains and are recognized as prefectural birds in Gifu, Nagano and Toyama prefectures. It is said that currently there remain only about 3,000 birds. In addition to that , global warming threatens their existence, and they are facing an even bigger risk of extinction.
● 10:00 Depart from Matsumoto station to Kamikochi by taxi
● 11:30 Visit Kamikochi visitor center and attend a nature observation briefing by Professor Anne Mcdonald from Sophia University. Enjoy a lunch box.
● 13:00 Enjoy a nature hike with Mr. Kato Ginjirou, the director of Kamikochi visitor center. (Visitor center → Myojin Pond → Hotel)
● 16:30 Arrive at Kamikochi Lemeiesta Hotel（Accommodation）
● 09:30 Transfer to Norikura Tatamidaira by taxi
● 11:00 Hike to "Kengamine", the highest peak of Mt. Norikura, with a mountain guide
● 12:00 Lunch box at Katano-goya mountain hut
● 14:00 Arrive at Kengamine
● 15:00 Hike from Katano-goya to Norikura Tatamidaira via flower garden route
● 16:30 Arrive at Norikura Hakuunso（Accommodation）
● 20:00 After dinner, enjoy a talk session about the Japan Alps and Raicho with a guide
● 04:00 Enjoy sunrise viewing and Raicho watching（The guide will choose the best spots from Fujimi-dake, Maou-dake, and Daikoku-dake.)
● 07:00 Breakfast at Hakuunso
● 09:00 Check out and depart from Norikura Tatamidaira by taxi
● 09:30 Hike to Sanbondaki Falls (Magarishiten bus stop → Sanbondaki Falls → Sanbondaki rest house)
● 11:00 Transfer to Norikura Kogen by taxi
● 11:20 Enjoy a hike in Norikura Kogen (Toudai Hutte bus stop → Lunch break (a lunch box or sandwiches) at Norikura Kogen Shinzen-en → Yonagi-toge → Ichinose-enchi → Hotel)
● 16:00 Arrive at Kyukamura Norikura Kogen（Accommodation）
● 09:30 Transfer to downtown Matsumoto by taxi
● 11:00 Visit Matsumoto Castle, the National Treasure of Japan
● 12:30 Enjoy a walk on Nakamachi Street and have a Soba (buckwheat noodles) for lunch
● 14:30 Tour ends at Matsumoto station
Chairlift / Ropeway
Admission sightseeing (include tickets)○
Walking and sightseeing△
Sightseeing from the bus window
KAMIKOCHI LEMEIESTA HOTEL
A resort hotel that opened as a hot spring inn in the early 1900s. We are proud of the free-flowing hot spring, traditional French cuisine, and guest rooms with a panoramic view of Azusa River and the mountains. This is the hotel where Walter Weston, the father of Japanese mountain climbing and author of the Climbers’ Book that introduced the Japanese Alps to the world, also stayed.The hotel is a little far from the sightseeing spots, but it is situated in a quiet place where you can experience a quiet resort mood.
Norikura Haku-un-so mountain hut
It is a mountain hut adjacent to the Tsuru-gaike parking lot where there is a Tatami-daira bus terminal where the shuttle bus stops and arrives.
While the convenience is outstanding, with Mao-dake at its back, it is isolated from the bustling space, and it is welcomed when you can rest slowly in silence.
On clear nights, the high elevations make it possible for you to see the stars in the sky so close to you that you can reach them, and the scenery of the mountains where the unbelievably bright moonlight can be seen is also excellent.
Norikura Kokumin Kyukamura HOTEL
Kyukamura Norikura-Kogen is at 1600m elevation the highest of all Kyukamura hotels. From here you can enjoy a stunning view on Mt. Norikura, one of Japans “100 famous mountains” in the Northern Alps. Please enjoy the hot spring and the rugged mountain nature. You can also try various outdoor sports such as hiking or skiing in our hotel-owned ski resort. The dinner is buffet style and cooked with local ingredients.
Tour Conditions （Abstract）
|Minimum number of participants||4 people|
|Accommodations||Kamikochi: Western-style room for 2 guests per room (2 beds). If you would like to take a room alone, we offer a single room supplement for an additional 16,500 JPY charge.
Norikura Tatamidaira: Private guestrooms are arranged for 2 guests per room. But during the peak travel season, you may have to share the male and female separate dormitory room with other guests from our other tours. In that case, we will refund the surplus amount of 3,000 JPY per person.
Norikura Kogen: Western-style room for 2 guests per room (2 beds). If you would like to take a room alone, we offer a single room supplement for an additional 16,500 JPY charge.
|Tour Manager||A tour manager will not accompany you.
Local staff will support your trip
|Operating bus and taxi company||Alpico Kotsu and Alpico Taxi|
|Cancellation Policy||The following cancellation fee applies for the cancellations at the customer's convenience:
Cancellations made 21 days or more before the travel date will be free of charge.
Cancellations made within 8 - 20 days will incur a charge of 20% fee of the tour price.
Cancellations made within 2 - 7 days will incur a charge of 30% fee of the tour price.
Cancellations made the day before the travel date will incur a charge of 40% fee of the tour price.
Cancellations made on the travel date will incur a charge of 50% fee of the tour price.
Cancellations made after the travel date will incur a charge of 100% fee of the tour price.
If your cancellation results in an extra room charge due to the change in the number of guests per room, we may charge you this additional expense. We accept cancellations during our business hours only.
|Special Indemnity||If a traveler participating in our Subscription Type Organized Tour has suffered injuries to his/her body or belongings due to a sudden and extraneous accident while participating in the said Tour, we will pay the traveler compensation and consolation money within the limits stipulated in the special compensation provisions of the Agent-Organized Package Tour Contract.|
|Other Tour Conditions||・The tour schedule may change due to bad weather and traffic conditions.
・We may cancel the tour or make itinerary changes if the typhoon/heavy rainfall emergency warning is issued or if it is clearly expected that it is dangerous or difficult to conduct a tour safely. (The tour will operate on normal rainy days.)
・The departure time on the homepage is as of current schedule. We will inform you of the final departure time and assembly location 7-10 days in advance.
・In carrying out this tour, we will rely on the provisions of our travel agency agreement based on the Travel Agency Act.
・About tour conditions and tour prices standard
These tour conditions base on May 1, 2023. Tour prices are calculated based on the valid fares and applicable rules announced as of May 1, 2023.
|Travel planning and execution||ALPICO Nagano Travel Co.,Ltd.
5-3-1 Nakagosho, Nagano City, Nagano Prefecture, JAPAN
Commissioner of the Japan Tourism Agency Registered Travel Agency No. 669
(General Incorporated Association) Regular member of Japan Association of Travel Agents
|Contact point||You can contact us with filling this form
|Updated Date||Jul 1, 2023|